Adjust drive pinion depth.
DefinitionAdjustment should include
- reference to manufacturer’s instructions in adjusting pinion depth
- assurance that you have sufficient shims for adjusting pinion position.
- What is the indication that the pinion needs to be adjusted?
- How may wear patterns could you see when inspecting the pinion gear that require depth adjustment?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.