CTE Resource Center - Verso - Diesel Equipment Technology III Task 102921874
Inspect driveshaft, slip joints, yokes, drive flanges, and universal joints, driveshaft boots and seals, and retaining hardware.
Inspection should include
- checking for torn rubber components
- checking for excessive oil or grease
- confirming there is no excessive play in the drive train components
- determining whether to service or replace.
- What impact will a missing driveshaft boot have on the driveshaft?
- What damage will occur as a result of a failed universal joint?