CTE Resource Center - Verso - Diesel Equipment Technology III Task 102921865
Inspect clutch linkage, cables, levers, brackets, bushings, pivots, springs, and clutch safety switch.
Inspection should include
- checking linkage for wear and cables for fraying
- checking for missing springs
- determining whether the vehicle will start without clutch pedal depressed
- checking the clutch release for stick or bind
- determining needed action.
- What are the manufacture free travel guidelines?
- What is the purpose of the clutch safety switch?
- Where are the lube points on the transmission?