2018/2019 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Computer Networking Hardware Operations IV (8545/18 weeks, 70 hours)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Designing a Hierarchical Network
Connecting to the Wide Area Network (WAN)
Making Point-to-Point Connections
- Describe the benefits of Point to Point Protocol (PPP) over High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) in a WAN.
- Identify serial communication terminology.
- Configure HDLC on a router serial interface.
- Troubleshoot serial interfaces.
- Identify PPP features and operations.
- Identify the steps in the LCP link negotiation process.
- Configure PPP link quality.
- Configure password authentication protocol (PAP) and challenge handshake authentication protocol (CHAP) authentication.
- Troubleshoot PPP with authentication.
- Troubleshoot basic PPP with authentication.
- Verify PPP operation using show and debug commands.
Making Branch Connections
- Identify different broadband technologies.
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of teleworking.
- Describe the requirements for teleworker connectivity.
- Identify cable Internet access terminology.
- Identify digital subscriber line (DSL) terminology.
- Identify broadband wireless terminology.
- Configure Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE).
- Configure a router as a PPPoE client for DSL connectivity.
Creating Access Control Lists (ACLs)
Securing Site-to-Site Connectivity
- Identify the benefits of virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Compare types of VPNs.
- Configure VPNs.
- Identify Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) characteristics.
- Configure and verify GRE.
- Configure a point-to-point GRE VPN tunnel.
- Identify IPsec terminology and concepts.
- Configure GRE over IPsec.
- Identify IPsec and SSL remote access characteristics.
- Explain VPN planning design.
Monitoring the Network
- Interpret router log messages.
- Interpret syslog output.
- Verify syslog.
- Configure syslog and Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- Identify characteristics of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) versions.
- Verify SNMP configuration.
- Configure SNMP.
- Compare SNMP and NetFlow.
- Verify NetFlow.
- Analyze NetFlow data.
Ensuring Quality of Service (QoS)
Exploring Network Evolution
Troubleshooting the Network
- Troubleshoot a network.
- Identify benefits of establishing a network baseline.
- Identify commands used for measuring data.
- Identify commands used for gathering symptoms.
- Identify troubleshooting methods.
- Identify common troubleshooting tools.
- Identify the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) layer associated with a network issue.
- Identify commands used for troubleshooting a network issue.
- Troubleshoot enterprise networks.
- Document the discovery, remediation, and resolution of a problem.