2018/2019 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Computer Networking Hardware Operations III (8544/18 weeks, 70 hours)
All tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Designing a Local Area Network (LAN)
Scaling Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs)
- Identify VLAN trunking protocol (VTP) concepts and operations.
- Verify that VTP clients have received the new VLAN information.
- Create a VLAN.
- Assign ports to VLANs.
- Verify VLAN information.
- Configure extended VLANs.
- Negotiate interface modes.
- Predict dynamic trunking protocol (DTP) behavior.
- Configure VTP and DTP.
- Identify types of spanning tree protocols (STP).
- Identify the troubleshooting command for inter-VLAN troubleshooting issues.
- Troubleshoot inter-VLAN routing issues.
- Troubleshoot VTP and DTP issues.
- Configure Layer 3 switching and inter-VLAN routing.
- Troubleshoot Layer 3 switching issues.
Using Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Describe Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
- Explain a redundant design.
- Identify 802.1D port roles.
- Build a switched network with redundant links.
- Identify types of STP.
- Identify Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+) operation.
- Compare PVST+ and Rapid PVST+ port roles in Rapid PVST+.
- Configure PVST+ and Rapid PVST+.
- Troubleshoot STP configuration issues.
Exploring EtherChannel and Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP)
Understanding Dynamic Routing
- Explain the operation of dynamic routing protocols.
- Classify dynamic routing protocols.
- Compare routing protocols.
- Demonstrate network convergence.
- Identify distance-vector terminology.
- Compare Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) path selection.
- Build the link-state database and SPF tree.
Tuning and Troubleshooting EIGRP
Using Single-Area Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) Protocol
- Identfy OSPF features and terminology.
- Configure an OSPF router ID.
- Modify a router ID.
- Demonstrate the network command.
- Configure passive interfaces.
- Calculate the subnet and wildcard masks.
- Configure OSPFv2 in a single area.
- Adjust interface bandwidths.
- Verify OSPF neighbors.
- Verify OSPF protocol settings.
- Verify OSPF process information.
- Verify OSPF interface settings.
- Configure basic single-area OSPFv2.
- Compare OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.
- Configure OSPFv3.
- Verify OSPFv3.
Using Multi-Area OSPF Protocol
Tuning and Troubleshooting OSPF
- Change the OSPF priority.
- Identify network types.
- Select designated router.
- Determine designated router (DR) and backup designated router (BDR).
- Configure OSPFv2 on a multiaccess network.
- Verify the propogated IPv4 default route.
- Propagate a default route in OSPFv2.
- Configure OSPFv2 advanced features.
- Troubleshoot single-area OSPFv2.
- Troubleshoot basic single-area OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.
- Troubleshoot advanced single-area OSPFv2.
- Troubleshoot multi-area OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.