Manage device configuration files using TFTP, Flash, and USB in a hands-on lab.
DefinitionManaging device configuration files should include
- building the network and configuring basic device settings
- downloading TFTP server software (optional)
- using TFTP to backup and restore the switch running configuration
- using TFTP to back up and restore the router running configuration
- backing up and restoring running configurations using router flash memory
- using a USB drive to backup and restore the running configuration (optional).
The following equipment should be used:
- 1 router (Cisco 1941 with Cisco IOS Release 15.2(4)M3 universal image or comparable)
- 1 switch (Cisco 2960 with Cisco IOS release 15.0(2) lanbasek9 image or comparable)
- 1 PC (Windows 7, Vista, or XP with terminal emulation program, such as Tera Term)
- Console cables to configure the Cisco IOS devices via the console ports
- Ethernet and serial cables as shown in the topology
- USB flash drive (optional).