Manage router configuration files with Tera Term in a hands-on lab.
DefinitionManaging router configuration files should include
- configuring basic device settings
- using terminal emulation software to create backup configuration files
- using a backup configuration files to restore a router.
The following equipment should be used:
- 1 router (Cisco 1941 with Cisco IOS Release 15.2(4)M3 universal image or comparable)
- 1 switch (Cisco2960 with Cisco IOS release 14.0(2) lanbasek9 image or comparable)
- 1 PC (Windows 7, Vista, or XP with terminal emulation program, such as Tera Term)
- Console cables to configure the Cisco IOS devices via the console ports
- Ethernet and serial cables as shown in the topology.