Configure syslog and NTP in a hands-on lab.
DefinitionConfiguring syslog and NTP should include
- configuring basic device settings
- configuring NTP
- configuring syslog.
The following equipment should be used:
- 2 Routers (Cisco 1941 with Cisco IOS Release 15.2(4)M3 universal image or comparable)
- 1 PC (Windows 7, Vista, or XP with terminal emulation program, such as Tera Term, and Syslog software, such as Tftpd32)
- Console cables to configure the Cisco IOS devices via the console ports
- Ethernet and serial cables as shown in the topology.