Configure stateless and stateful DHCPv6 in a hands-on lab.
DefinitionConfiguring stateless and stateful DHCPv6 should include
- building the network and configuring basic device settings
- configuring the network for SLAAC
- configuring the network for stateless DHCPv6
- configuring the network for stateful DHCPv6
The following equipment should be used:
- 1 Router (Cisco 1941 with Cisco IOS Release 15.2(4)M3 universal image or comparable)
- 1 Switch (Cisco 2960 with Cisco IOS Release 15.0(2) lanbase9 image or comparable)
- 1 PC (Windows 7, Vista, or XP with terminal emulation program, such as Tera Term)
- Console cables to configure the Cisco IOS devices via the console ports
- Ethernet and serial cables as shown in the topology.