Manage device configuration files.
DefinitionManagement should include
- configuring basic device settings
- using terminal emulation software to create a backup configuration file
- using a backup configuration file to restore a router
- building the network
- downloading Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) Server software (optional)
- using TFTP to back up and restore the switch running configuration
- backing up and restoring running configurations using router flash memory
- using a USB drive to backup and restore the running configuration (optional).
The following equipment should be used:
- 1 Router (Cisco 1941 with Cisco IOS Release 15.2(4)M3 universal image or comparable)
- 1 Switch (Cisco 2960 with Cisco IOS Release 15.0(2) lanbasek9 image or comparable)
- 1 PC (Windows 7 or 8 with terminal emulation program, such as Tera Term)
- Console cables to configure the Cisco IOS devices via the console ports
- Ethernet cables as shown in the topology