CTE Resource Center - Verso - Computer Networking Hardware Operations I Task 1032346739
Perform network mathematics.
Performing network mathematics should include
- converting binary numbers from octets to decimal values
- converting decimal numbers to binary octets
- determining the network addresses in binary and decimal values by using the ANDing process.
- converting between numbering systems
- converting host IPv4 addresses and subnet masks into binary values
- determining the number of hosts in a network using powers of 2
- converting MAC addresses and IPv6 addresses to binary values
- converting IPv4 addresses from dotted decimal format to binary values
- using the bitwise ANDing operation to determine network addresses
- applying network address calculations by identifying the networks to which they belong and by identifying the default gateway addresses.