2019/2020 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Aerospace Technology II (8488/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Personal Qualities and Abilities
Demonstrating Interpersonal Skills
Demonstrating Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate big-picture thinking.
- Demonstrate career- and life-management skills.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and adaptability.
- Manage time and resources.
- Demonstrate information-literacy skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information security.
- Maintain working knowledge of current information-technology (IT) systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies, tools, and machines common to a specific occupation.
- Apply mathematical skills to job-specific tasks.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate workplace safety.
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Exploring Work-Based Learning
Understanding Aircraft Operations
- Apply the design process to aircraft design.
- Construct an airfoil.
- Test an airfoil.
- Analyze airfoil test results.
- Describe factors that affect aircraft design.
- Construct an aircraft.
- Identify emerging aircraft technologies.
- Explain the importance of following a periodic aircraft maintenance schedule.
- Identify aircraft maintenance and repair concerns.
- Identify flight-line safety protocols when performing aircraft maintenance.
- Identify flight-line safety equipment.
Examining Aviation Flight Safety
Working with Model Rockets
- Model an extraterrestrial surface exploration vehicle.
- Describe extra-orbital space exploration systems.
- Design a device to solve a potential problem in space exploration.
- Research trends in the space industry.
- Design a multistage rocket.
- Construct a multistage rocket.
- Operate a multistage rocket.
- Discuss advanced space travel theories and concepts.
Exploring sUAS Technology
- Identify types of sUAS.
- Research the evolution of UAS.
- Analyze the commercial operations of sUAS.
- Describe the recreational use of sUAS.
- Describe regulations and requirements for sUAS.
- Complete a flight simulation.
- Plan a flight mission.
- Construct a UAS.
- Troubleshoot sUAS.
- Operate an sUAS.
- Research careers that use sUAS.