Test the modification/alternate solution, if needed.
DefinitionTesting the alternate solution should include
- collecting feedback
- reviewing and evaluating the product and/or process(es) already tested.
- What is high-quality or effective feedback?
- Why might one need to review the process or product more than once?
- What does looping the design process mean?
- Why are engineers seldom entirely satisfied with the final product or process?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to analyze and interpret data. Key concepts include
- a description of a physical problem is translated into a mathematical statement in order to find a solution;
- relationships between physical quantities are determined using the shape of a curve passing through experimentally obtained data;
- the slope of a linear relationship is calculated and includes appropriate units;
- interpolated, extrapolated, and analyzed trends are used to make predictions; and
- situations with vector quantities are analyzed utilizing trigonometric or graphical methods.