CTE Resource Center - Verso - Engineering Explorations I Task 1727232130
Evaluate the safety of designs.
Evaluation should include asking the following questions:
- Does the design create the safest product within constraints?
- Does the design adhere to industry/legal safety standards?
- Has the design been tested?
- Has the design minimized the risk to the end user (consumer) and artisan (manufacturer)?
- When is a design considered safe? Unsafe?
- When would a company make a decision to order a recall?
- What is the safety/cost trade-off in an engineering design project?
- What do automotive industry companies do to test vehicle safety?