Differentiate between energy, power, and transportation.
Differentiation should include
- definition of energy as the capacity to do work
- definition of power as the rate at which work is performed or energy is expended (motive force)
- definition of transportation as the movement of people or goods from one place to another (using motive force).
- What is energy?
- What is work?
- What is force?
- How does rate of work affect power?
- How do we move people and products?
- Why do we need to move people or products?
Other Related Standards
ITEEA National Standards
1. The Characteristics and Scope of Technology
18. Transportation Technologies
2. The Core Concepts of Technology
3. The Relationships Among Technologies and the Connections Between Technology and Other Fields