Demonstrate principles of mechanical systems as they relate to power transmission.
DefinitionDemonstration should include construction of mechanical systems.
- What tools and equipment do you need to construct the mechanical system?
- What is the purpose of the system?
- What materials are appropriate for your chosen system?
- How do you evaluate the success of power transmission?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will demonstrate skills for historical thinking, geographical analysis, economic decision making, and responsible citizenship by
- synthesizing evidence from artifacts and primary and secondary sources to obtain information about the world’s countries, cities, and environments;
- using geographic information to determine patterns and trends to understand world regions;
- creating, comparing, and interpreting maps, charts, graphs, and pictures to determine characteristics of world regions;
- evaluating sources for accuracy, credibility, bias, and propaganda;
- using maps and other visual images to compare and contrast historical, cultural, economic, and political perspectives;
- explaining indirect cause-and-effect relationships to understand geospatial connections;
- analyzing multiple connections across time and place;
- using a decision-making model to analyze and explain the incentives for and consequences of a specific choice made;
- identifying the rights and responsibilities of citizenship and the ethical use of material or intellectual property; and
- investigating and researching to develop products orally and in writing.