Modify vector shapefiles spatially to create, modify, and delete point, line, and polygon features.
DefinitionModification should result in a more relevant shapefile.
- What would occur if more vertices were used to create the polyline?
- When is it feasible to delete a feature as opposed to modifying it?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will solve problems involving symmetry and transformation. This will include
- investigating and using formulas for determining distance, midpoint, and slope;
- applying slope to verify and determine whether lines are parallel or perpendicular;
- investigating symmetry and determining whether a figure is symmetric with respect to a line or a point; and
- determining whether a figure has been translated, reflected, rotated, or dilated, using coordinate methods.
The student will verify and use properties of quadrilaterals to solve problems, including practical problems.