Measure circuit values with a multimeter.
DefinitionMeasurement should include
- What is a multimeter?
- How do analog and digital multimeters compare in use, accuracy, and performance?
- How can multimeters and similar test equipment be used to measure circuit characteristics?
- How do actual and virtual test equipment values compare?
- How can multimeters be used to measure circuit characteristics of voltage and current?
- Why does test equipment require calibration?
- What is the process for testing devices with a multimeter?
- How does one interpret readings from a multimeter?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.