2019/2020 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Global Logistics and Enterprise Systems I (8419/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Personal Qualities and Abilities
Demonstrating Interpersonal Skills
Demonstrating Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate big-picture thinking.
- Demonstrate career- and life-management skills.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and adaptability.
- Manage time and resources.
- Demonstrate information-literacy skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information security.
- Maintain working knowledge of current information-technology (IT) systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies, tools, and machines common to a specific occupation.
- Apply mathematical skills to job-specific tasks.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate workplace safety.
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Exploring Work-Based Learning
Exploring Logistics Management
- Define logistics.
- Identify Career Clusters and Career Pathways related to logistics
- Identify the economic impacts of logistics.
- Describe the systems and total-cost approaches to logistics.
- Define supply chain and marketing channels.
- Describe the activities in the supply chain and logistics channel.
- Describe the organizational structure for logistics.
- Differentiate between the traditional and contemporary organizational designs for logistics.
- Describe productivity issues in logistics.
- Identify issues associated with reverse logistics.
- Describe common operational measures of logistics performance.
- Describe the variables affecting supply chain management implementation.
- Identify potential barriers to supply chain management implementation.
- Describe supply chain integration.
- Identify the critical elements of managing supply chains and logistics operations.
Navigating Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
- Describe information technology challenges in logistics.
- Describe the types of logistical information systems.
- Describe the relationship between data requirements and logistics.
- Describe the effects of Internet technologies on logistics.
- Define management information system (MIS).
- Describe computer hardware, software, networks, and the basic structure of the Internet.
- Describe the components and purpose of a database application system.
- Describe how MIS affects organizational strategy.
- Differentiate among the five forces that determine industry structure.
- Define business processes.
- Describe the relationship between business processes and information systems.
- Describe the virtualized computing environment.
- Describe the need for information quality.
- Describe the value-chain structure.
- Analyze the integration of business processes.
- Improve a business process, using an information system.
- Describe the characteristics of fundamental collaboration processes.
- Research the evolution of ERP systems.
- Describe the elements of an ERP system and the major ERP software vendors.
- Describe how enterprise systems support business processes.
- Evaluate the challenges of ERP system implementation.
- Identify the data categories in an ERP system.
- Identify ERP reporting options.
- Navigate the ERP system, accessing help resources as needed.
- Describe business intelligence systems.
- Research the effect of social media and Web 2.0 on organizations and their processes.
- Perform a data-mining and analytics operation in an ERP system.
- Describe the components of MIS and the business processes it manages.
- Identify the characteristics and activities of the system development life cycle.
- Describe cyber security.
- Analyze the effectiveness of an organization’s security program.
- Determine the technical safeguards for a security program.
Managing Procurement Processes
- Describe the relationship between procurement and supply chain management.
- Describe procurement objectives.
- Describe supplier development, selection, evaluation, and relationship.
- Identify quality issues in procurement.
- Describe global procurement.
- Describe the procurement process in an ERP system, including organization and master data.
- Demonstrate the procurement process in an ERP system.
- Prepare procurement reports in an ERP system.
Managing Fulfillment and Customer Service Processes
- Describe the correlation among demand management, order management, and customer service.
- Apply a demand forecasting model to a business scenario.
- Identify the order cycle and its components.
- Describe customer service as it pertains to logistics.
- Describe the fulfillment process in an ERP system, including organization and master data.
- Describe how ERP systems improve the customer relations of an organization.
- Describe how e-commerce benefits from using ERP systems.
- Demonstrate the fulfillment process in an ERP system.
- Demonstrate integration of fulfillment with other processes.
- Prepare fulfillment process reports.
Managing Warehouse Processes
- Classify inventory by applying a variety of methods.
- Describe inventory costs and trade-offs.
- Differentiate among a variety of inventory flow patterns.
- Describe the types of inventory management (e.g., accuracy, accountancy, metrics, IT, compliance, preventive maintenance, obsolescence).
- Identify emerging approaches to managing inventory.
- Describe the role of warehousing in a logistics system.
- Differentiate among public, private, contract, and multiclient warehousing.
- Describe considerations when designing warehousing facilities.
- Analyze operational issues in warehousing.
- Identify the four goods movements of inventory management.
- Describe warehouse management and its basic organizational levels.
- Analyze the master data associated with warehouse management operations.
- Integrate inventory and warehouse management processes with other processes.
- Manage warehouse processes in an ERP system.
- Prepare warehouse management process reports in an ERP system.