Construct series-parallel circuits.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- using a conductor, a load, and a voltage source
- connecting components
- testing output for desired results.
- How does the model compare to the simulation?
- Why is circuit behavior predictable in a series-parallel circuit?
- What methods may be employed to test the circuit?
- What are examples of series-parallel circuits used in industry or households?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.