Construct parallel circuits.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- using breadboard
- determining two or more paths for current to flow
- using a conductor, a load, and a voltage source
- connecting components
- testing output for desired results.
- Which items in the industry or at home use series circuits?
- How does virtual circuit compare to real-world model?
- What may fault the circuit?
- What happens to current flow in parallel circuits?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.