Design series circuits.
DefinitionDesign should include
- designating one path for current to flow
- using a conductor, a load, and a voltage source
- placing load and path
- simulating and testing for virtual output.
- How can virtual meters help with series-circuit analysis?
- What are the advantage of a simulation?
- What faults can be tested virtually?
- What is a series circuit?
- What are the minimum requirements to complete a series circuit?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will plan and conduct investigations using experimental design and product design processes. Key concepts include
- the components of a system are defined;
- instruments are selected and used to extend observations and measurements;
- information is recorded and presented in an organized format;
- the limitations of the experimental apparatus and design are recognized;
- the limitations of measured quantities are recognized through the appropriate use of significant figures or error ranges;
- models and simulations are used to visualize and explain phenomena, to make predictions from hypotheses, and to interpret data; and
- appropriate technology including computers, graphing calculators, and probeware is used for gathering and analyzing data and communicating results.
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.