Construct series-parallel circuits, using modeling components.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- identifying current flow in the circuit
- locating the portion of the circuit that is in a series
- determining the parallel portion of the circuit.
- How is current behavior determined in series-parallel circuits?
- How is voltage determined throughout the circuit?
- What is the path of least resistance?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.