Describe series circuits, using modeling components.
DefinitionDescription should include identifying the
- source, load, path, and control of the circuit
- input, process, and output of the circuit
- specific components and their functions in the circuit.
- What is a short circuit?
- What is the path for current flow in a circuit?
- What happens when a series circuit is opened?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.