Construct simple electronic circuits from a schematic.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- placing components on a breadboard
- making connections to build a functioning circuit
- matching a given schematic
- simulating a functioning circuit in computer software.
- What are the parts of a circuit?
- How are circuits constructed from schematics using connections?
- How do schematics use computer software simulations? What are the advantages of doing so?
- How are soldering techniques used in the construction of circuits?
- How are circuits manufactured in large quantities?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.