Construct circuits that satisfy design briefs, using solderless circuit boards/breadboards.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- determining source and paths
- using a conductor, a load, and a voltage source
- connecting components
- testing output for desired results.
- How does the circuit design satisfy the design brief?
- What changes may be made to optimize the design?
- What troubleshooting methods should be used when the circuit does not behave as expected?
- What is the benefit of using solderless breadboards?
- What is the advantage in using a breadboard before creating a printed circuit board (PCB)?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.