Construct series circuits.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- using a breadboard
- designating a source and one path for current to flow
- using a conductor, a load, and a voltage source connecting components
- testing output for desired results.
- How do virtual simulations compare to real-world circuits?
- What might cause a fault in a circuit?
- How is a series circuit affected by a broken path?
- Which items in the industry or at home use series circuits?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.