Construct parallel circuits, using modeling components.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- placing components in a parallel circuit
- prototyping a functioning parallel circuit on a breadboard
- soldering components on a circuit board to make a functioning parallel circuit.
- What faults are associated with parallel circuits?
- What are the advantages of using parallel circuits?
- Where are parallel circuits typically used/found?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.