Determine the direction of current flow in DC circuits.
DefinitionDetermination should include an understanding of the characteristics, operation, and application of simple direct-current circuits and theory.
- What is direct current? What are the characteristics of DC circuits?
- What types of voltage and power sources are associated with DC circuits?
- What are examples of DC circuits and applications?
- What mathematical concepts can be applied to better understand the characteristics of DC circuits?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.