Design methods to reduce energy consumption in a given process in building management.
DefinitionDesigning should include a targeted project that uses quantifiable metrics and outcomes.
- How does occupant behavior affect energy consumption in your school?
- What is required of a person to reduce the energy needs in the home?
- How can changing lifestyle affect energy consumption?
- What methods can be used to reduce energy consumption while providing services?
- How can you measure the energy use pre-test and post-test?
- How can you use current energy consumption data to design an effective and efficient dwelling?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to analyze the patterns of urban development by
- applying the concepts of site and situation to major cities in each region;
- explaining how the functions of towns and cities have changed over time; and
- describing the unique influence of urban areas and challenges they face.
The student will apply social science skills to analyze the impact of globalization by
- identifying factors, including comparative advantage, that influence the distribution of economic activities and trade;
- describing ways that economic and social interactions change over time; and
- mapping, describing, and evaluating economic unions.
The student will apply social science skills to analyze how forces of conflict and cooperation affect the division and control of Earth’s surface by
- explaining and evaluating reasons for the creation of different political divisions; and
- describing ways cooperation among political jurisdictions is used to solve problems and settle disputes.