CTE Resource Center - Verso - Sustainability and Renewable Technologies Task 1709747303
Construct a model of a photovoltaic (PV) array and/or wind turbine system that powers a small device.
Construction should result in a PV and/or wind turbine system that produces electricity.
- What occurs when DC current is moved for long distances?
- What tools are needed to assemble the model safely?
- How can the engineering design process be applied to the development of turbine models?
- What troubleshooting steps might be taken if the load device does not work?
- What are the similarities and differences between a model PV and/or wind turbine system and the full-scale systems?
- How do the system's parts interact to produce usable power?
- What are the factors that affect the amount of power produced by the model?
- How do the factors that affect the model's output effect a full-scale system?
Other Related Standards
ITEEA National Standards
11. Apply the Design Processes
16. Energy and Power Technologies