Produce a working wind turbine.
DefinitionProduction should include
- How does blade design affect energy output?
- What is the purpose of a nacelle?
- What can be changed about the blades that might make the turbine more efficient?
- Why does the generator not power the load by itself?
- How do the components of a wind turbine interact to produce usable power?
- Which components are involved in the basic energy transformation that makes the device function?
- How does each of the components contribute to the efficient function of the system?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that energy can be transferred and transformed to provide usable work. Key concepts include
- transfer and storage of energy among systems, including mechanical, thermal, gravitational, electromagnetic, chemical, and nuclear systems; and
- efficiency of systems.