Troubleshoot digital circuits.
DefinitionTroubleshooting should include
- evaluating the characteristics, operation, and applications of integrated circuits
- using standard test equipment and special instruments (e.g., logic probes, logic and signature analyzers).
- How do actual and simulated circuit characteristics differ?
- How can circuit theory be verified using test instruments and computer-assisted simulation?
- How can test instruments facilitate electronic equipment troubleshooting?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and demonstrate an understanding of the nature of science, scientific reasoning, and logic. Key concepts include
- analysis of scientific sources to develop and refine research hypotheses;
- analysis of how science explains and predicts relationships;
- evaluation of evidence for scientific theories;
- examination of how new discoveries result in modification of existing theories or establishment of new paradigms; and
- construction and defense of a scientific viewpoint.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Apply processes and concepts for the use of technological tools in STEM.
Apply the knowledge learned in STEM to solve problems.
Use technology to acquire, manipulate, analyze and report data.