Convert between the binary and decimal number systems.
DefinitionConversion should include
- identifying the most commonly used numbering systems and the mathematical relationships between them
- describing the reasons for converting between numbering systems
- applying equations to ensure successful conversion
- explaining the conversion between the binary and decimal number systems, as well as the use of Gray Coding for position sensing and control.
- What is a numerical system?
- What are the common codes used in advanced electronics, and where are they found?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of parallel and serial data?
- How are conversions made from one code system to another?
- How do different code systems affect the transmission of data?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will solve
- multistep linear and quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- literal equations for a specified variable;
- systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically and graphically; and
- practical problems involving equations and systems of equations.
The student will translate mathematical expressions into programming expressions by declaring variables, writing assignment statements, and using the order of operations.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Apply processes and concepts for the use of technological tools in STEM.