Design an electric motor.
DefinitionDesign should include
- air gap
- brushed DC motor
- brushless DC motor
- synchronous motors
- servo motor
- stepper motor
- How does the number of windings affect a motor?
- Why is the material of the core important in designing a motor?
- How can the efficiency of a motor be improved?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Apply the elements of the design process.