Construct logic circuits to meet design-brief goals.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- identifying the problem and ideal outcome
- brainstorming possible solutions
- using a breadboard to simulate, test, and troubleshoot the solution
- creating a logic diagram to correctly connect the IC
- designing two or more IC chips/logic gates
- designating a power supply, a load, and a conductor.
- What is the path of current flow inside the logic circuit?
- What troubleshooting steps might be needed during the design process?
- What are the steps of a typical design process when conceptualizing a solution?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will design and apply computer programs to solve practical problems in mathematics arising from business and applications in mathematics.
The student will plan and conduct investigations using experimental design and product design processes. Key concepts include
- the components of a system are defined;
- instruments are selected and used to extend observations and measurements;
- information is recorded and presented in an organized format;
- the limitations of the experimental apparatus and design are recognized;
- the limitations of measured quantities are recognized through the appropriate use of significant figures or error ranges;
- models and simulations are used to visualize and explain phenomena, to make predictions from hypotheses, and to interpret data; and
- appropriate technology including computers, graphing calculators, and probeware is used for gathering and analyzing data and communicating results.