Construct a functional, combinational logic circuit, using logic gates.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- using a logic diagram to correctly connect the IC
- using two or more IC chips/logic gates
- designating a power supply, a load, and a conductor.
- What are the characteristics of typical combinational logic circuits?
- What are the characteristics of counters, registers, clocks, and decoder circuits?
- How do logic gates operate individually and as parts of other systems?
- How can basic logic gates be used to form a combinational logic circuit?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will implement conditional statements that include “if/then” statements, “if/then/else” statements, case statements, and Boolean logic.
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.