Design a basic logic circuit.
DefinitionDesign should include a(n)
- IC chip
- power supply
- How does a basic logic circuit operate?
- What is the purpose of using logic gates in a circuit?
- Why is it better to use an IC chip when switches might be conducted manually?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will plan and conduct investigations using experimental design and product design processes. Key concepts include
- the components of a system are defined;
- instruments are selected and used to extend observations and measurements;
- information is recorded and presented in an organized format;
- the limitations of the experimental apparatus and design are recognized;
- the limitations of measured quantities are recognized through the appropriate use of significant figures or error ranges;
- models and simulations are used to visualize and explain phenomena, to make predictions from hypotheses, and to interpret data; and
- appropriate technology including computers, graphing calculators, and probeware is used for gathering and analyzing data and communicating results.