Convert between the binary and decimal number systems.
DefinitionConversions should include
- identifying the most commonly used binary codes
- describing the functions of number systems (e.g., binary, decimal, octal, hexadecimal, 8421 binary code decimal [BCD])
- assigning value to bytes and bits through binary numbers.
- What is a number system? What is its relationship to logic circuitry?
- What are the common codes used in advanced electronics, and where are they referenced?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of parallel and serial data?
- How are conversions made from one code system to another?
- How do different code systems affect the transmission of data?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will define and use appropriate variable data types that include integer, real (fixed and scientific notation), character, string, Boolean and object.