Construct a power-supply circuit.
DefinitionConstruction should include
- analyzing the power-supply circuit, using test instruments
- verifying the characteristics
- inspecting the power-supply signal at each stage of operation
- verifying the function and device operation.
- How are circuit characteristics verified?
- What are the applications for power supplies?
- What are the design constraints for power supplies?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that quantities including mass, energy, momentum, and charge are conserved. Key concepts include
- kinetic and potential energy;
- elastic and inelastic collisions; and
- mass/energy equivalence.
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.