Describe the basic characteristics of amplifiers.
DefinitionDescription should include the
- function of amplifiers
- components of basic amplifiers
- classes of amplifiers
- examples of amplifiers (e.g., audio, radio frequency, operational, and signal).
- Which components are used as amplifiers?
- What are the characteristics of amplifiers?
- How are amplifiers classified?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
- Ohm’s law;
- series, parallel, and combined circuits;
- electrical power; and
- alternating and direct currents.