Describe how alcohol is processed through the body.
DefinitionDescription should include
- diffusion through the stomach and intestines
- conversion by the liver into metabolites
- absorption into the bloodstream
- What are some of the factors that affect alcohol absorption?
- What are the physical effects of intoxication?
- What are the effects of chronic alcohol abuse?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand life functions of Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. Key concepts include
- comparison of their metabolic activities;
- maintenance of homeostasis;
- how the structures and functions vary among and within the Eukarya kingdoms of protists, fungi, plants, and animals, including humans;
- human health issues, human anatomy, and body systems;
- how viruses compare with organisms; and
- evidence supporting the germ theory of infectious disease.