Determine the position of the shooter, based on bullet trajectory.
DefinitionDetermination should include using an online linear range-of-motion calculator or by using the following equation:
Range = (initial velocity squared, divided by acceleration of gravity) sin 2 times the projection angle
- What tools would an analyst use to determine the position of the shooter based on trajectory?
- What is the standard for determining range of fire?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will solve
- absolute value linear equations and inequalities;
- quadratic equations over the set of complex numbers;
- equations containing rational algebraic expressions; and
- equations containing radical expressions.
The student will solve trigonometric equations and inequalities.
The student will create and solve practical problems involving triangles.
The student will investigate and understand the interrelationships among mass, distance, force, and time through mathematical and experimental processes. Key concepts include
- linear motion;
- uniform circular motion;
- projectile motion;
- Newton’s laws of motion;
- planetary motion; and
- work, power, and energy.