Determine a subject’s height by analyzing the long bones of the body.
DefinitionDetermination of height should include measurements of the long bones and the application of stature estimation formulas based on race and gender.
- Why should a forensic anthropologist use more than one bone to determine height?
- Why would you need to determine the gender of remains before calculating height?
- What other factors could affect a person’s height?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will solve
- multistep linear and quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- literal equations for a specified variable;
- systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically and graphically; and
- practical problems involving equations and systems of equations.