CTE Resource Center - Verso - Forensic Technology Task 2098081621
Describe the differences in skull features used to determine the race of a subject’s remains.
Description of the characteristics of the skull should include
- the shape of the eye sockets
- the absence or presence of the nasal spine
- measurements of the nasal index
- prognathism (e.g., aveolar and midfacial)
- the width of the face
- the angulation of the jaw and face.
- Why has it become more difficult to determine race through the examination of facial characteristics?
- What other characteristics can be determined through examination of remains?
- What role do facial landmarks play in matching remains to a subject?
Other Related Standards
ITEEA National Standards
4. The Cultural, Social, Economic, and Political Effects of Technology