Describe the testing procedures used for gunshot residue.
DefinitionDescription should include
- distance-of-fire determination tables
- contusion rings.
- What is the common test for gunshot residue?
- Who performs this test?
- When is this test performed and who is it performed on?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
- designated laboratory techniques;
- safe use of chemicals and equipment;
- proper response to emergency situations;
- manipulation of multiple variables, using repeated trials;
- accurate recording, organization, and analysis of data through repeated trials;
- mathematical and procedural error analysis;
- mathematical manipulations including SI units, scientific notation, linear equations, graphing, ratio and proportion, significant digits, and dimensional analysis;
- use of appropriate technology including computers, graphing calculators, and probeware for gathering data, communicating results, and using simulations to model concepts;
- construction and defense of a scientific viewpoint; and
- the use of current applications to reinforce chemistry concepts.
The student will investigate and understand how conservation of energy and matter is expressed in chemical formulas and balanced equations. Key concepts include
- balancing chemical equations;
- writing chemical formulas;
- bonding types;
- reaction types; and
- reaction rates, kinetics and equilibrium.