CTE Resource Center - Verso - Forensic Technology Task 1666466258
Describe sources of contamination for trace evidence and the ways to minimize that contamination.
Description should include the
- type of source (e.g., other pieces of evidence, interaction with subjects not connected to the case, the technician himself/herself)
- steps taken to minimize contamination (e.g., use of proper safety measures, gloves, lab coat, clean work area, hygiene practices, proper disposal of waste).
- What types of procedures help prevent contamination of evidence?
- What would happen if contaminated evidence were introduced in a court case?
- Why is it important to follow chain-of-custody protocols?
- Why should access to trace evidence be limited?
- Who does laboratory safety protect?
- How does PPE help minimize contamination?