CTE Resource Center - Verso - Forensic Technology Task 1530800955
Describe evidence-collection techniques.
Demonstration should include
- using appropriate packaging procedures for each piece of evidence
- labeling each piece of evidence correctly
- minimizing cross-contamination
- following chain-of-custody procedures.
- Why is a chain-of-custody procedure important?
- Why does evidence need to be packaged and sealed?
- What is the procedure for packaging evidence?
- What is the procedure for maintaining the chain of custody?
- Why is it important to separately package evidence?
- Why should investigators collect control samples from the victim?
Other Related Standards
ITEEA National Standards
2. The Core Concepts of Technology