CTE Resource Center - Verso - Forensic Technology Task 1484154610
Describe the procedure to make casts and molds of shoe impressions.
Description should include
- producing a cast from dental stone or plaster (on a soil or sand surface)
- modeling or molding the print by stepping into a preservative, such as compressible foam (i.e., BioFoam)
- measuring the mold against the cast
- measuring the impressions against controls.
- What does a cast of a shoe impression tell an investigator about the subject?
- How can shoe impressions be individualized?
- What are other methods for lifting latent shoe impressions?
Other Related Standards
ITEEA National Standards
12. Use and Maintain Technological Products and Systems