2019/2020 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Technology Transfer (8405/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Personal Qualities and Abilities
Demonstrating Interpersonal Skills
Demonstrating Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate big-picture thinking.
- Demonstrate career- and life-management skills.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and adaptability.
- Manage time and resources.
- Demonstrate information-literacy skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information security.
- Maintain working knowledge of current information-technology (IT) systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies, tools, and machines common to a specific occupation.
- Apply mathematical skills to job-specific tasks.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate workplace safety.
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Exploring Work-Based Learning
Evaluating Effects of Technological Systems
- Explain technology transfer as it applies to different environments (i.e., development and end user).
- Identify the major technological systems.
- Analyze the connections among technological systems.
- Analyze the contributions of technological systems to an economic system or systems.
- Analyze career opportunities in a variety of technological fields.
- Evaluate the impacts of technological systems on society, cultures, and the environment.
- Review proven technologies for possible enhancements or different uses.
Applying the Engineering Design Process in STEM
- Analyze how universal components make up a technological system.
- Create an example of a theoretical system.
- Identify the steps of the engineering design process.
- Identify components of a design portfolio.
- Apply and document the engineering design process.
- Apply modeling and simulation techniques.
- Identify mathematical terms and procedures that are applicable to technology.
- Identify scientific laws and principles that are applicable to technology.
Applying Technological Processes
Introducing the Team Process
- Organize an engineering project team.
- Utilize team feedback to improve technological systems.
- Resolve conflict within a team.
- Employ active-listening techniques in an engineering team.
- Explain the benefits of active listening.
- Explain the benefits of multiple perspectives and diverse skills in solving real-world problems.
- Evaluate the team process.
Demonstrating Teamwork in Problem Solving
- Perform responsibilities as defined by serving on a design team.
- Design a system, process, or artifact to solve a technological problem.
- Demonstrate the use of mathematics, science, English, social studies, and other disciplines to help solve technological problems.
- Produce a model or prototype of the designed system.
- Present the problem solution.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of group dynamics.